Candidates, this page will address three different situations that you could find yourself in based on the scores you received.
Please, keep in mind that completing the National Board process, whether you certify or not, WILL renew your Mississippi educator’s license. Make sure you submit the necessary paperwork to MDE.
- You Certified!! Congratulations! There are two things that you need to do.
- Register for the 2017 Pinning Ceremony, which will be Saturday, April 7, 2018 at noon in Oxford at the Jackson Avenue Center.
- Let’s get your stipend started! Take the Request for Funds letter to your central office. You will also need to print out a copy of the official letter from the National Board confirming that you certified, and to get reimbursed you need to take a copy of your receipt. You can access your payment history in your National Board account. Should your school ask for any instructions or clarification on how to enter you into the system, share this link with them. This should also take care of your reimbursement if you are owed one.
2. You are a continuing candidate. There are two things you need to do.
- Complete this Request for Funds form and take it to your central office to get reimbursed for the components that you completed. If you plan to use that money to pay for your remaining components, you need to get this done asap.
- Print out your official letter that you received from the National Board and print out your payment history. Both of these documents can be found in your National Board account. Take the letter and proof of payment to your central office.
3. You are continuing your certification journey as an Advanced Candidate.
There are two things that you need to do.
- You need to get reimbursed for the components that you completed. Take the Request for Funds letter, along with your official letter that you received from the National Board, and proof of your payment. You can access your letter and proof of payment from your National Board account.
- Continue the Journey! The World Class Teaching Program has a plan in place to help advanced candidates successfully complete their journey to certification. There will be an Advanced Candidate module in WCTP 601. Advanced candidates will first be placed in WCTP 601 and asked to complete the module. Candidates will then be placed with a mentor. To get started now, please, go back and progress through the interactive graphic on the WCTP homepage. Advanced candidates must first register with the National Board (step 4) and then complete the WCTP application (step 5).
Score Release Materials Made Available from the National Board
Carefully read over this page and take notice of all the links and resources that are provided. Resources include an updated Scoring Guide with Sample Score Reports, Frequently Asked Questions, and Scoring Calculator. Remember, you will not receive a total score UNTIL you complete all four components. You will receive feedback on each component. National Boards will also offer recommendations as to whether you should consider redoing the component – definitely if you score below the floor score of 1.75. Scoring below 1.75 on any component will prevent certification.
Candidates have the option of redoing right away or waiting until you receive a final score. For this reason, continuing candidates may choose to wait and see what they score on other components before they decide to redo a component. Keep in mind scores are also weighted.
Updated Scoring Guide (Essential read if you are planning to retake a component)
- The World Class Teaching Program at The University of Mississippi will be closed for Christmas Holidays starting December 19 at 5:00 p.m. and will reopen January 2, 2017 at 8:00 a.m.
- The National Board customer support team will be available to answer any questions at 1-800-228-3224, Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm CST. Please refer to the schedule below for exceptions to these times of availability over the holiday season.
December 22-23: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm CST
December 28-31: 8:00 am – 3:00 pm CST