Super Saturday/Pinning Ceremony
The 2018 Pinning Ceremony took place on April 7. This is an annual event that will take place again next spring.
UPDATE: The WCTP has decided to open this mini-conference up to anyone that is interested in pursuing National Boards and using the University of Mississippi as their candidate support provider. There is no registration code required to register.
When: Saturday, April 7th, 2018
Place: Oxford, MS, Jackson Avenue Center, Directions
(A GPS will NOT locate the Jackson Avenue Center, old Walmart Super Center)
Time: Super Saturday Workshop 8:30-11:40 a.m. (Registration starts at 8:00)
Pinning Ceremony 12:00 p.m.
Super Saturday – The World Class Teaching Program at the University of Mississippi invites ALL current candidates (new, continuing, and advanced) to attend a beneficial workshop that will prepare candidates to successfully complete the final stages of their certification journey prior to submission. Talking points include: Using All the Tools in Your Toolbox (a description of available resources and how to effectively use them), Ties that Bind: Standards, Commentary Questions, and Rubrics (an overview of how to successfully complete your written commentary to maximize scoring), and Assessment Center Slip-Ups (including how to prepare for the assessment center exercises, constructed response and selected response). This year, Super Saturday is also open to candidates interested in pursing National Boards! Join us and get a head start on how to successfully navigate your certification journey!
*Please, remember candidates are now mentored for the assessment center in their cohort groups.
This is for ALL candidates. Yes, it will benefit ALL candidates.
Pinning Ceremony – This ceremony is for all candidates that successfully certified as a National Board teacher in the fall of 2017 and were members of the World Class Teaching Program at the University of Mississippi. This includes both advanced and renewal (Jackie Parker’s candidates). No distinction will be made between those that certify because ALL are NBCTs! Family and friends are invited. Come early and enjoy refreshments!
- Registration is required…but if you missed it, join us anyway!
- A light breakfast (pastries, muffins, breakfast breads, water and coffee) will be provided starting at 8:00 a.m.
- The Pinning Ceremony will start at 12:00 p.m.
- The Pinning Ceremony is ONLY for candidates that renewed/certified in the fall of 2017. If you renewed earlier and would like a pin, you may purchase one directly from the National Board.
- Pins cannot be mailed, but any candidate that certified this year can pick up a pin at the WCTP office in Oxford. Please, email Tammy Kirkland for more details.