The Oxford School District’s School Board has committed to matching the annual $6000 Mississippi Stipend for NBCTs!! This is being done over a series of years. Currently, for 2023 the stipend for an NBCT in OSD is $9000.
*A Mississippi teacher’s retirement is based on the average of your four highest paid years. National Board Certification increases your retirement!
Thank you, OSD, for your commitment to your teachers, your students, your community, and for being the best you can be!
The World Class Teaching Program partners with OSD to host a Bring it Home cohort within their school district. What does this mean? It means that we train OSD NBCTs to mentor, and they mentor on site in their schools. OSD teachers do not have to travel for mentoring!
How do it work? In order for an OSD teacher to participate, you just need to do two things.
- Register for National Boards. Select your certificate area and pay your $75 annual registration fee. You can pay overtime for your components. Register for National Boards
- You will need to choose a certificate area prior to registering with the National Board. Your certificate area is based on what you teach and your students’ age not your licensed certification area. More Information about Certificate Areas.
- Register with the Ole Miss World Class Teaching Program, WCTP, after you have registered with National Boards. Our annual enrollment fee is only $50. You will need a candidate ID number to complete our registration. Ole Miss WCTP
- Mentoring begins the second week of September, but candidates will join us all year until the deadline of February 29 (Leap Year!).
- Once we receive your application, you will be placed with an NBCT mentor at your school. Mentoring will take place after school. Your mentor will make contact with you and provide a schedule. (If this does not work for you, do not worry because we also have online mentors!!!)
- In addition to receiving an NBCT mentor, you will be placed in our one-of-a-kind, step-by-step, National Board Candidate Support Course, WCTP 601! We’ll email you a login and password.
- If you need not attend a summer training, you can find all the information you need here: 2023 Summer Training Resources.
Questions? Please, email Tammy Kirkland at email@example.com or Kathy Howington, WCTP Assistant and OSD Liason, Kathy Howington firstname.lastname@example.org