MDE Reimbursement and Supplemental Salary Information
Important – If you have ANY questions after viewing the following information about the National Board reimbursement policy or procedure or about how to get your National Board $6000 stipend, only MDE can answer those questions. You may contact the MDE Teacher Center at (601) 359-3631.
Newly Certified NBCTs and National Board Candidates who seek reimbursement for the National Board process will find information on how to do so by clicking on the links below.
- Policy and Procedures – Information on salary supplement and process cost reimbursement. (All NBCTs and National Board candidates should read this.)
- Notes on Documentation – Required documentation for those that complete NB certification or are receiving the $6,000 annual bonus.
- * Request for Funds Form* – This includes the form teachers must complete and turn into their central office as well as the instructions on how to be reimbursed for completing the National Board Process and for newly certified NBCTs to get their $6000 stipend started. Note: NBCTs are referred to as Master Teachers in the state of MS.
Teaching License Renewal
Completing the National Board process will also renew your teaching license whether you certify or not. To accomplish this, visit the Mississippi of Education’s licensure site and follow the procedures to renew your license.
- The state of Mississippi refers to a NBCT as a Master Teacher
- $6,000 salary supplement is also available under the 2004 legislation for a National Certified School Counselor, Certificate of Clinical Competence from the American Speech-Language Hearing Association, Certificate of Clinical Competence for Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists – Process Cost Reimbursement $500 only, National Certified School Nurse, Certified Academic Language Therapist (certification from the Academic Language Therapy Association) and Process Cost Reimbursement ($500). This information is located under the Policy and Procedures link. Please, note these areas are certifications other than the National Board. Completion of such a certification does not award National Board Certified Teacher title.
- For additional information about alternate National Board certification routes for the areas listed above, please, visit the MDE website link, Alternate National Board Certification Pay Areas.