Standard Study Workshops
4 Day – One whole day is devoted to each component, more activities, discussions, and CEUs. (2.0 CEUs)
2 Day – Each day, two components are covered. Very meaningful and informational. (1.0 CEUs)
Online – The essentials of what you must know to be successful.
(.5 CEUs will be available in fall 2016 if all four components are completed.)
Please, mail or fax your application along with the registration fee to:
World Class Teaching Program
850 Insight Park Avenue, Suite 253C
P.O. Box 1848
University, MS 38677-1848
This Workshop is highly recommended for teachers considering or seeking certification. The workshop allows teachers to consider how their practice aligns with the National Board’s standards, introduces the process, standards, and all components. Standard Study Workshops will be a prerequisite for participation in mentoring in the fall. If you participated in the workshop last summer, you will not be expected to participate again. Three face-to-face workshops will be available this summer.
The Standard Study Workshops will also be available online by May!
Component 1 – $20, Component 2 and 3 – $25 each. These can be found under the Workshop tab.
Workshops will follow this format.
Component – Part I. Available Resources Part II. Dissemination of the Component Part III. How to Successfully Prepare for and Complete the Component
What to Bring: Please, bring the following materials with you to the workshop:
1. Your Standards
2. All Available Components
3. General Portfolio Instructions
4. Component 4 Field Test (If your certificate is not available, choose a similar certificate)
5. Laptop or Tablet
These documents are necessary for participation in the workshop. Each document is several pages long.
- Desoto, Date: June 13 – 14, Time: 8:30 a.m. to 2:30. p.m. One hour lunch on your own. Location: The University of Mississippi Campus, 5197 W.E. Ross Parkway, Southaven, MS 38671. This is a two day workshop. Costs include $50.00. 1.0 CEUs are available for $15.00Oxford,
- Oxford, Date: July 18-21, Time: 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. One hour lunch on your own. Location: University of Mississippi, 850 Insight Park, University, MS 38677 (Turn off of Hwy 6 on Chucky Mullins Drive towards the Unversity. Take immediate first road on your left (Hawthorn Rd.). Pass the soccer fields and softball field. Travel the round-about. Take the exit on you right to Insight Park, large building. Enter in through the first door. A sign will be posted). The GPS will not pick up Insight Park. This is a four day workshop. Costs include $100.00. 2.0 CEUs are available for $15.00.
- Tupelo, Date: June 27-30. Time: 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. One hour lunch on your own. Location: Location: University of Mississippi Advanced Education Center. 1918 Briar Ridge Road, Tupelo, MS 38804. This is a four day workshop. Costs include $100.00. 2.0 CEUS are available for $15.00.