National Board Summer Workshop
Due to COVID-19 and university decisions, face-to-face summer workshops will not take place as anticipated. However, the World Class Teaching Program is pleased to offer a high quality alternative.
This Workshop is highly recommended for all teachers considering or seeking certification. The workshop allows teachers to consider how their practice aligns with the National Board’s standards, introduces the process, standards, and all components. Come learn and join the certification journey!
This course is a precursor to the National Board Certification process. It provides information about the process that will assist you in making decisions about when and how to register with the National Board and our candidate support program. You do NOT have to be registered with the National Board to take this class.
National Board Certification Google Classroom(s)
- Our Google Classroom includes voice over presentations and additional supporting materials about the National Board process and our available candidate support.
- There are two identical courses available. One is for K-12 Mississippi teachers, and the other is an overflow course for Mississippi teachers and is also available to any teacher across the US who is interested in pursing National Board Certification
- This course is not for current MS candidates. Current candidates can access all the information in WCTP 601.
- This course is FREE! These are hard times, and the WCTP wishes to do its part to help teachers.
Screen shots of our course
VERY IMPORTANT – Additional Google Classroom Information
- All teachers must have a gmail address in order to join the Google Classroom. A school email will not work. If you do not have a free account, you can create it here: GET A GMAIL ACCOUNT
- There are no CEUs associated with this course.
- Teachers will have a guaranteed month’s access to the Google Classroom. This is due to the fact that Google Classroom has a limited number on participates.
How to enroll in a Google Classroom: Instructions (watch video 54 seconds)
Class Code: sp4ti6z (MS Teachers) *This Class is Full
Class Code: tzf3hgj (For ANY teacher in the US and also MS Teachers once the other course fills up)
Follow-up Fall Trainings for Mississippi Teachers
Session formats and lengths will vary due location accessibility and school being back in session.
- Southaven– Location & Date: TBA
- Grenada – Location & Date: TBA
- Tupelo – Location & Date: TBA
- Oxford – Saturday, September 19, Oxford: Location: University of Mississippi, 850 Insight Park, University, MS 38677 (Turn off of Hwy 6 on Chucky Mullins Drive towards the Unversity. Take immediate first road on your left (Hawthorn Rd.). Pass the soccer fields and softball field. Travel the round-about. Take the exit on you right to Insight Park, large building.
What kind of candidate support can the WCTP at the University of Mississippi provide?
- A Certified NBCT mentor
- Enrollment in WCTP 601 our self-paced, step by step, Blackboard course, which now includes a Zoom Library of instructional videos. The most thorough candidate support resource available.
- Invitation to Super Saturday and Pinning Ceremony.
- Face-2-Face or Online Mentoring: Location does not matter.
- Cost: $100 annual enrollment fee. This fee covers ALL components and ALL resources. Scholarships are available to candidates in the identified 13 counties by the MS Legislature.
* WCTP 602, a National Candidate Support Program will be made available August 1, 2020. Information about this course can be found in the Google Classroom open to all teachers.
WCTP candidates will be enrolled in WCTP 601 as soon as they complete the WCTP registration. Read about it here – WCTP 601.
- MS will reimburse all first time candidates
- $6000 ($500 a month) certification stipend
- $10,000 (~$800 a month) certification stipend for 16 counties: Adams, Amite, Bolviar, Claiborne, Coahoma, Issaquena, Jefferson, Leflore, Quitman, Sharkey, Sunflower, Washington, and Wilkinson, Yazoo, Tallahatchie, and Holmes. (See House Bill 207)