Standard Study Workshops
All workshops for the summer of 2018 have been completed. We are having a one-day Fall Interest Meeting on Saturday, August 25 in Oxford. If you would like to join us please, register now. This meeting is for anyone who is interested in National Boards or is planning on pursing National Boards and did not attend any of the summer trainings. See link for additional information.
Fall Interest Meeting
This Workshop is highly recommended for teachers considering or seeking certification. The workshop allows teachers to consider how their practice aligns with the National Board’s standards, introduces the process, standards, and all components. All materials have been updated and reworked for the new process and the new year. Come learn and join the certification journey!
- NEW – Register and Pay Online (Click here)
- Print out the application below. Email or mail it to email@example.com
- Do NOT complete both registrations, only complete the online or the paper registion.
4 Day – One whole day is devoted to each component, more activities, discussions, and CEUs. (2.0 CEUs)
2 Day – Each day, two components are covered. Very meaningful and informational. (1.0 CEUs)
1 Day – An overview of the National Board process including a breakdown of all four components, resources, and help available. (.5 CEUs)
2018 Fall Interest Meeting (Click for more information) , Saturday, August 25. This is for candidates who cannot attend a Summer Standard Workshop.
IMPORTANT: Initial candidates cannot choose to attend selected days of a workshop. Workshops are 4 days, 2 days, and 1 day. However, if a candidate chooses to complete the process in more than one year, the candidate may attend selected days of a summer standard workshop the following year for free as a refresher.
Please, mail or fax your application along with the registration fee to:
World Class Teaching Program
850 Insight Park Avenue, Suite 253C
P.O. Box 1848
University, MS 38677-1848
Workshops will follow this format.
Component – Part I. Available Resources Part II. Dissemination of the Component Part III. How to Successfully Prepare for and Complete the Component
What to Bring: Please, bring hard copies of the following materials with you to the workshop:
1. Your Standards
2. All Available Components
3. General Portfolio Instructions
4. Laptop or Tablet
5. Timelines: National Board Process Timelines, Summer & Fall Timeline, Winter and Spring Timeline. *These timelines are only suggestions but many candidates find them very useful for planning purposes.
These documents are necessary for participation in the workshop. Each document is several pages long.
- Oxford, Date: July 16-19, Time: 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. One hour lunch on your own. Location: University of Mississippi, 850 Insight Park, University, MS 38677 (Turn off of Hwy 6 on Chucky Mullins Drive towards the Unversity. Take immediate first road on your left (Hawthorn Rd.). Pass the soccer fields and softball field. Travel the round-about. Take the exit on you right to Insight Park, large building. Enter in through the first door. A sign will be posted). The GPS will not pick up Insight Park. This is a four day workshop. Costs include $100.00. 2.0 CEUs are available for $15.00.
- Tupelo, Date: July 9-12. (CLOSED) Time: 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. One hour lunch on your own. Location: University of Mississippi Advanced Education Center. 1918 Briar Ridge Road, Tupelo, MS 38804. We will be in the cafeteria. This is a four day workshop. Costs include $100.00. 2.0 CEUS are available for $15.00.
- Tupelo, Date: July 23, Monday. Due to the Tupelo July 9-12 reaching capacity, an additional one day workshop will be offered! Time: 8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. One hour lunch on your own. Location: University of Mississippi Advanced Education Center. 1918 Briar Ridge Road, Tupelo, MS 38804. We will be in room 252. This is a one day workshop. Costs include $25.00. .5 CEUS are available for $15.00.
- 2018 Fall Interest Meeting (Click for more information) , Saturday, August 25. This is for candidates who cannot attend a Summer Standard Workshop.
NEW Candidate Resource for 2018! WCTP 601, a self-paced, step by step, online course that ALL UM WCTP candidates will be enrolled in as soon as they complete the WCTP registration. Read about it here – WCTP 601.
Just a reminder, candidate support through Ole Miss is FREE!!