Standard Study Workshops
- NEW – Register and Pay Online (Click here)
- Print out the application below. Email or mail it to email@example.com
4 Day – One whole day is devoted to each component, more activities, discussions, and CEUs.
2 Day – Each day, two components are covered. Very meaningful and informational. (1.0 CEUs)
1 Day – An overview of the National Board process including a breakdown of all four components,
resources, and help available. (.5 CEUs)
Please, mail or fax your application along with the registration fee to:
World Class Teaching Program
850 Insight Park Avenue, Suite 253C
P.O. Box 1848
University, MS 38677-1848
This Workshop is highly recommended for teachers considering or seeking certification. The workshop allows teachers to consider how their practice aligns with the National Board’s standards, introduces the process, standards, and all components. If you participated in the workshop last summer, you will not be expected to participate again. Three face-to-face workshops will be available this summer. All materials have been updated and reworked for the new process.
Workshops will follow this format.
Component – Part I. Available Resources Part II. Dissemination of the Component Part III. How to Successfully Prepare for and Complete the Component
These documents are necessary for participation in the workshop. Each document is several pages long.
- Southaven, Date: June 11 – 12, Time: 8:30 a.m. to 2:30. p.m. One hour lunch on your own. Location: The University of Mississippi Campus, 5197 W.E. Ross Parkway, Southaven, MS 38671. Room 258. You will need to stop at the desk and get a parking pass. This is a two day workshop. Costs include $50.00. 1.0 CEUs are available for $15.00.
- Oxford, Date: July 16-19, Time: 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. One hour lunch on your own. Location: University of Mississippi, 850 Insight Park, University, MS 38677 (Turn off of Hwy 6 on Chucky Mullins Drive towards the Unversity. Take immediate first road on your left (Hawthorn Rd.). Pass the soccer fields and softball field. Travel the round-about. Take the exit on you right to Insight Park, large building. Enter in through the first door. A sign will be posted). The GPS will not pick up Insight Park. This is a four day workshop. Costs include $100.00. 2.0 CEUs are available for $15.00.
- Tupelo, Date: July 9-12. Time: 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. One hour lunch on your own. Location: University of Mississippi Advanced Education Center. 1918 Briar Ridge Road, Tupelo, MS 38804. We will be in the cafeteria. This is a four day workshop. Costs include $100.00. 2.0 CEUS are available for $15.00.
- Madison, Date: June 18-19. Time: 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. One hour lunch on your own. Location: Madison Central Central Office, 476 Highland Colony Parkway, Ridgeland, MS. This is a two day workshop. Costs include $50.00. 1.0 CEUs are available for $15.00.
- Grenada, Date: June 14. Time 8:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. One hour lunch on your own.
Location: Donald Phillips Hall, Room 115 (The Ole Miss Room). This is a one day workshop. Cost includes $25.00. .5 CEUs are available for $15.00
NEW Candidate Resource for 2018! WCTP 601, a self-paced, step by step, online course that ALL UM WCTP candidates will have the opportunity to be enrolled in starting summer 2017. Read about it here – WCTP 601.