- National Board Summer Workshop
This Workshop is highly recommended for teachers considering or seeking certification. The workshop allows teachers to consider how their practice aligns with the National Board’s standards, introduces the process, standards, and all components. All materials have been updated and reworked for the new process and the new year. Come learn and join the certification journey!
- Register and Pay Online (Click here)
Franklin County Registration is online ONLY.
- 2019 Standards Study Workshop,
please, complete and mail in with fee.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to logistics, it is not possible for candidates to only register for select days of a workshop. Candidates must register and pay for the entire workshop (1, 2, or 4 days). All University of Mississippi candidates are enrolled in our WCTP 601 Blackboard Candidate Support Course. If candidates choose to only complete two components rather than the entire four components, component refreshers will be made available in WCTP 601.
Complete this process by just doing ONE component a semester!!!
Summer Workshops: Registration is Required
- Southaven: June 10 -11 (Monday & Tuesday), Time: 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 pm. One hour lunch on your own. Location: University of Mississippi campus off Church Road, 5197 W E Ross Pkwy, Southaven, MS 38671, Room 257. This is a two day workshop. Costs include $50.00. 1.0 CEUs are available for $15.00
- Grenada: June 14 (Friday), Time: 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. One hour lunch on your own. Location: Donald Phillips Hall, Room 115 on the campus of Holmes Community College, 1060 J K Avent Dr, Grenada, MS 38901. This is a one day workshop. Costs include $25.00. .5 CEUs are available for $15.00
- * NEW* Franklin County (Pilot) – June 17 (Monday): 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 pm. Location: Franklin Middle School, 236 Edison Street South, Meadville, MS 39653. (Registration is required to plan for lunch and materials. Register ONLINE) There is no charge or CEUs associated with this workshop.
- Madison: June 24 & 25 (Monday & Tuesday), Time: 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Location: Madison Central Office, 3rd floor training room #307. Address: 476 Highland Colony Pkwy, Ridgeland, MS 39157. This is a two day workshop. Costs include $50.00. 1.0 CEUs are available for $15.00
- Oxford, Date: July 15-18 (Monday-Thursday), Time: 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. One hour lunch on your own. Location: University of Mississippi, 850 Insight Park, University, MS 38677 (Turn off of Hwy 6 on Chucky Mullins Drive towards the Unversity. Take immediate first road on your left (Hawthorn Rd.). Pass the soccer fields and softball field. Travel the round-about. Take the exit on you right to Insight Park, large building. Enter in through the first door. A sign will be posted). The GPS will not pick up Insight Park. This is a four day workshop. Costs include $100.00. 2.0 CEUs are available for $15.00.
- Tupelo, Date: July 8-11 (Monday-Thursday). Time: 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. One hour lunch on your own. Location: University of Mississippi Advanced Education Center. 1918 Briar Ridge Road, Tupelo, MS 38804. We will be in the cafeteria. This is a four day workshop. Costs include $100.00. 2.0 CEUS are available for $15.00.
- 2019 Fall Interest Meeting TBA Workshops (Face-to-Face) will follow this format.Component – Part I. Available Resources Part II. Dissemination of the Component Part III. How to Successfully Prepare for and Complete the Component, WCTP 601What to Bring: Please, bring hard copies of the following materials with you to the workshop:
1. Your Standards
2. All Available Components
3. General Portfolio Instructions
4. Laptop or Tablet
5. A Composition Notebook
These documents are necessary for participation in the workshop. Each document is several pages long.
4 Day – One whole day is devoted to each component, more activities, discussions, and CEUs. (2.0 CEUs)
Day 1 – The National Board Process & Component 1, Day 2 – Component 2, Day 3 – Component 3, Day 4 – Component 4 and Next Steps
2 Day – Each day, two components are covered. Very meaningful and informational. (1.0 CEUs) Day 1- The National Board Process, Component 1 & 2, Day 2 – Component 3 & 4 and Next Steps.
1 Day – An overview of the National Board process including a breakdown of all four components, resources, and help available. (.5 CEUs)
ZOOM (Online Meeting) – These meetings are Q & A’s about National Board Certification. These meetings are for educators who want to know more before they sign up for a workshop or commit.
June 13, Thursday at 10:00 a.m. Meeting ID: 607-819-9202
June 26, Wednesday at 10:00 a.m. Meeting ID: 607-819-9202
July 12, Friday at 10:00 a.m. Meeting ID: 607-819-9202
1. To join, sign up for a free account by visiting Zoom
2. Login to Zoom on any of the selected dates above and click Join a Meeting
What kind of candidate support can the WCTP at the University of Mississippi provide?
- A Certified NBCT mentor
- Enrollment in WCTP 601 our self-paced, step by step, Blackboard course, which now includes a Zoom Library of instructional videos
- Participation in bi-weekly online Zoom meetings held by Tammy Kirkland, NBCT, Director
- Invitation to Super Saturday and Pinning Ceremony.
- Face-2-Face or Online Mentoring: Location does not matter.
- Cost: $100 annual enrollment fee. This fee covers ALL components and ALL resources.
WCTP candidates will be enrolled in WCTP 601 as soon as they complete the WCTP registration. Read about it here – WCTP 601.
- MS will reimburse all first time candidates
- $6000 ($500 a month) certification stipend
- $10,000 (~$800 a month) certification stipend for 16 counties: Adams, Amite, Bolviar, Claiborne, Coahoma, Issaquena, Jefferson, Leflore, Quitman, Sharkey, Sunflower, Washington, and Wilkinson, Yazoo, Tallahatchie, and Holmes. (See House Bill 207)