$ Pay As You Go $
Financial Costs Associated with National Board Certification
• Components are $475 each
• $75 annual non-refundable National Board registration fee
• The state of Mississippi will reimburse each teacher for their first attempts of all four
components AFTER the teacher receives and submits the offical letter to MDE through
their school’s central office.
• Various school districts will help assist teachers with the initial costs.
Check with your central office to see they participate.
The hardship often is the teacher must pay up front. Typically money is due, January 31, a month after Christmas. However, there is a NEW system that went into place with the NEW process that allows teachers to Pay as You Go!
Pay as You Go
- Register with the National Board. Pay your $75 and make sure you’ve released to 3rd Party
- Purchase and Register for a Component (directions are listed below)
- Login to “My Profile” and select the “Make Payment” tab on the left side of the screen. Pay any amount that you like as often as you like.
Purchase a Component Directions
Step 1: Select Component (Login to your profile)
Candidates are able to register for specific components and each component must be purchased individually. Candidates are given the option to ‘purchase’ a component, which means they will begin the component registration process.
Note that payment is not due at the time of ‘purchase’, but the candidate must complete the required information through Order Review (step three) of the Purchase Component tab for the component registration to be reflected in their account.
- Step 2: Agreement
The Agreement tab requires candidates to select ‘yes’ or ‘no’ to the following policies:
- I agree that my assessment materials, once submitted, are the property of the National Board and may be used at the sole discretion of the National Board for assessment, professional development, research, and any other purposes the National Board deems appropriate to further the mission of the organization.
- I understand the deadline for withdrawing and receiving a partial refund as outlined in the Guide to National Board Certification.
Once you have selected and purchased a component then you may begin paying on the component. The ability to make a payment will not show up inside your profile until you complete the steps listed above.
You may then login at any time and pay any amount toward your component.