Assessment Center Process
The assessment center portion of the certification process requires candidates to demonstrate content knowledge in response to six exercises that were developed by practicing professionals in each certificate area. Candidates are expected to demonstrate knowledge of developmentally appropriate content necessary to teach across the full age range and ability level of the certificate area in which they applied. Assessments are administered at over 300 computer-based testing centers across the United States.
For more information about the assessment, review the following resources and information:
- Exercise descriptions, sample prompts, examples, and rubrics are component 1.
- Rubrics found in the Scoring Guide External link opens in new window or tab.
- Online Tour External link opens in new window or tab of a Pearson Professional Center
- Assessment Center Tutorial External link opens in new window or tab.
- Instructions for Accessing the Tutorial External link opens in new window or tab.
- Assessment Center Policy and Guidelines External link opens in new window or tab.
These links refer to the constructed response questions. More information coming soon about the multiple choice questions.
*Provided by the CA Department of Education