The Oxford School District, OSD, and the World Class Teaching Program, WCTP, at the University of Mississippi have developed a partnership to help OSD teachers become National Board Certified Teachers.
Details about our Partnership
- The WCTP hires and trains the National Board mentors, all of which are NBCTs from OSD.
- Face-to-Face mentoring is brought to you! Mentoring takes places twice a month after school at select locations in the OSD.
- Tammy Kirkland, the director of the WCTP and an NBCT, provides additional monthly candidate support through Zoom meetings. (Once COVID is no longer an issue, this will also be Face-to-Face.)
- Because the partnership is with the WCTP, all teachers that choose to participate in the cohort are required to join the WCTP.
- WCTP has an annual $100 enrollment fee that includes every resource the program has including the Blackboard candidate support course, WCTP 601. For candidates that join in the fall, the fee is not due until November 1 and February 28 for candidates that join for the spring semester.
- Access to WCTP 601 goes through the cycle year and the summer! Teachers maintain access until August 1.
- WCTP 601 is the most comprehensive resource available in the US. Resources were gathered across the county. The course includes step-by-step module for all component as well as embedded professional development, voice overlay trainings, and suggested assignments and optional deadlines.
- The WCTP hosts an annual spring mini-conference that prepare candidates for final submission.
- The WCTP has a closed Facebook Group only for our candidates and our mentors.
- The WCTP uses Remind to communicate with mentors and candidates.